P-40 Warhawk Forums
March 29, 2024, 10:06:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Kittyhawk Mk.III flown by Wing Commander "Stocky" Edwards  (Read 14642 times)
Mark Joyce

View Profile
« on: April 16, 2008, 11:57:45 AM »

This is the oldie but goodie AMT P-40K kit, representing the assigned aircraft of Wing Commander "Stocky" Edwards while he flew with 260 Sqn in the desert around January '43.  "Stocky" (who was called "Eddie" Edwards at the time) was one of the greatest Kittyhawk aces with at least 12 confirmed victories.

Thanks for looking!

Mark

Ignorance is bliss
P-40 Admin
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 11:30:21 AM »

Great job on Stockys plane!  Wink There’s probably more about him on the site now than any pilot, there is Brian Cauchi’s 1/32 model along with some historical photos and a little bit on him under Art. 
Mark Joyce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 05:07:08 AM »

Great job on Stockys plane!  Wink There’s probably more about him on the site now than any pilot, there is Brian Cauchi’s 1/32 model along with some historical photos and a little bit on him under Art. 

Thanks Brad!  I've seen Brian's build, and it's a masterpiece.  What's really amazing about it is how he transformed the old 1/32nd Revell P-40E into such a stunning K.  I have the kit and had thought about trying to do the same, but soon realized it's way beyond my ablities!

Mark

Ignorance is bliss
P-40 Admin
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2008, 06:23:01 AM »

Yet, he had kept me informed on the progress of his build almost daily, it’s amazing how much he massaged that kit!   Shocked
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: