P-40 Warhawk Forums
March 29, 2024, 04:41:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Upcoming P-40 event at the Planes of Fame museum  (Read 7620 times)
Mark Joyce

View Profile
« on: December 23, 2008, 10:11:55 AM »

I wanted to pass on this information for those of you in southern California:

The Planes of Fame museum, located in Chino, is having an event on January 3rd, 2009, referred to as 'Fighters over North Africa.'  The honored guests include two veterans of the 324th Fighter Group and two of the 57th Fighter Group, both groups having flown P-40s in the Mediterranean Theater of Operations (MTO).  I'm hoping to fly down for the day from northern California to attend, but as of now am uncertain due to a work commitment if I can.  Here's a link to the museum's website about the event:

http://www.planesoffame.org/pressreleases.php?ID=91

Mark

Ignorance is bliss
Mark Joyce

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 05:25:57 AM »

Fortunately, I was able to fly down for the day to attend this event.  All four veterans, Michael McCarthy, Gordon Markle, Marshall Lumsden, and Lester Krause made it and told some fascinating stories.  I'll share some of them in the veteran's section as time permits.  For now, some photographs:

First, here are Lester Krause (left) and Marshall Lumsden, both pilots with the 324th FG:

Here's Gordon Markle, crew chief with the 57th FG:

Lastly, here is General McCarthy, pilot with the 57th FG, standing in front of the Planes of Fame museum's P-40N:

Mark

Ignorance is bliss
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: