P-40 Warhawk Forums
March 29, 2024, 09:29:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "Tex" Hill  (Read 6654 times)
knight3548

View Profile Email
« on: January 30, 2009, 09:52:03 AM »

I receintly had the great honer to meet Tex Hills wife. And I was very Curiouse if any one on this board knows anyone that knew the Hills during the war. I was helping my daughter with a history project on Tex and the flying tigers and she won 2nd place. Now Im hooked and want to learn everything I can about the Flying Tigers and the A.V.G. I believe that the sacrifices that the men and thier wives gave for us souldnt be forgotten. Mrs.Hill was by far the nicest and most giving when it came to helping with the project.anything would be great
Mark Joyce

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 01:49:06 PM »

Probably the best place to start regarding information on the AVG is its website:

http://www.flyingtigersavg.com/

At least two members of the AVG, Chuck Baisden and Frank Losonsky, frequent the forum on the site and are a wealth of information.  In addition, the website lists numerous books about the AVG, including ones by its members.

I've had the honor of meeting some members of the AVG and 23rd FG who served with "Tex" Hill, although unfortunately I never met the man in person.  However, many years ago I wrote him a letter and he followed up on it by calling me one evening, just out of the blue.  That right there is an indication of the gentleman he was.

Mark

Ignorance is bliss
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: