P-40 Warhawk Forums
April 21, 2024, 12:13:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: P-40 data plates  (Read 7005 times)
tenacious101010

View Profile Email
« on: February 12, 2009, 08:26:12 AM »

Hello, I am building a 1/5 scale radio controlled P-40E. I want to include as many details as possible. I would like to find pictures and dimensions for the data plates on the outside of the plane. If anyone has or has acces to get pictures and dimensions of the plates, I would greatly appreciate the help.
  I have seen pictures on David Hansens P-40E and it has many of the data plates still installed. they all appear to be the same size and so far I have seen them on the vertical stab on the right side, on the wings, flaps and inside behind the transparencies behind the canopy. I have the P-40 walkaround but there are no pictures clear enough for me to scan or otherwise reproduce in 1/5 scale.
Thanks, Denny
H-87A-2CU

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 11:12:56 AM »

Depends on where you want to put the plates. The most visible plates are in the Cockpit scallops, the remainder are actually hidden away.

I have some photos of what the plates look like if you want, but don't know what the scallop ones look like (in detail although size is the same)

Buz
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: