P-40 Warhawk Forums
March 29, 2024, 03:27:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A New Guy Here  (Read 10371 times)
Texas

The Old Guy

View Profile Email
« on: March 10, 2009, 10:41:14 AM »

HI I got signed up over the weekend after seeing a post on LSP. I am an old modeler just having fun with his hobby.  Great to find a web sight devoted to P-40s. The last P-40 I built was the Antech 1/48 scale P-40E-1. It was a fun kit to build but did have a few fit problems. Heres a couple of photos

Texas

Texas
Vince_M

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009, 11:40:33 PM »

Looks great, New Guy!
I love models too but don't have a lot of spare time right now due to small kids.
Someday I will put out more models!
P-40 Admin
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2009, 04:59:12 AM »

Welcome aboard and hope to see more of your fine models.
Texas

The Old Guy

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2009, 08:20:49 AM »

Thanks for the welcome guys. I don't build a lot of P-40 but it's nice to see all the interrest in them here.

Texas

Texas
Johnny Signor

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009, 07:00:44 AM »

Good looking P-40 there, is that "Holdin my Own" on the tail?  I'm a nose art and unit emblem nut and it looks like that one.
Keep up the good work and glad you found the site!
Johnny Signor
WeBeEmblems@aol.com
Texas

The Old Guy

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2009, 08:51:35 AM »

Yes it is.
It's a P-40E-1 flown by 1/Lt Dallas A Clinger of the 16th Fighter Squadron, 23rd Fighter Group at Kwellin, China October 1942.

Here's another photo:

Texas
Johnny Signor

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2009, 02:53:49 AM »

Some years ago I had the opportunity to meet a bunch of the Real WW2 AVG pilots and crew,man that was a lifelong memory for me to say the least, I got to meet Tex Hill,R.T. Smith and others and got photos and autographs of them all,being able to meet them one on one after reading so much about them really brought it all to life,I am very glad to have been able to do this as so many veterans are passing every day it was a time I would not have missed for anything !!!!!! They were a special breed and as many have said "The Greatest Generation' !!!!!!!!   I salute all WW2 veterans and am greatful for what they all did for our freedom today !!!!!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: