P-40 Warhawk Forums
April 20, 2024, 07:15:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 4th Air Force P-40s station in Southern California, 1942  (Read 8878 times)
LedZepplane

View Profile Email
« on: February 01, 2010, 11:38:23 AM »

Could someone happen to have any color information (or even a few good photographs) of any the P-40 that belong to the 4th air force that was station in Southern California (Los Angeles) during February, 1942. I’m doing a little research on the battle of L.A. that took place on the 24/25  of February, 1942. I have been to countless web sites and can’t find a thing. I would appreciate anything on color and markings. I’m not sure, but I think the 4th Air Force P-40s were the E variant? Thank you.

Sincerely:
  Danny
Johnny Signor

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 01:00:04 PM »

Do you know what unit (Squadron/Group) they were with at the time, or what base/s they were flying out of ?
This would help some, the 4th AAF covered a large portion of the westrn US states in thier Command, and the unit/s in questions would have to have been assigned to some unit-most likely a Fighter unit.
e mail me if you have any further info I may be able to help,    WeBeEmblems@aol.com
hbbates

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 09:25:10 AM »

Did any P40’s even get scrambled? ...it was most all massive AA fire over Los Angeles I’m not sure they would want to put friendly up in the mess and the nearest P40's may of been at March Field in Riverside….
(My Dad was 30 years old, an Los Angeles native, and in the Army in Los Angeles at the time and watch the whole bloody thing…told me downtown Long Beach was a wreck from all the falling AA shells)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 09:26:57 AM by hbbates » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: