P-40 Warhawk Forums
March 29, 2024, 06:59:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Welcome to the new forums  (Read 13924 times)
P-40 Admin
Administrator

View Profile Email
« on: February 19, 2008, 03:39:13 PM »

As you’ve noticed, I installed a new forum software. The forum I was using was on a server by the forum company which is why those annoying ads were on there. This new software is on my server so there won’t be any of those ads anymore.

The old form would also only keep up to a certain number of posts and after that they would start being automatically deleted, this new software will eliminate that and also hopefully make it easier to search for items under the different categories.

It was a royal pain to post photos on the old forum, this new one will allow easy posting of photos whether your pictures are on a photo hosting site or on your hard drive. This is pretty much the standard type of forums being used today so people shouldn’t have too much of a problem.

This forum does require registration, but I have tried to keep it as painless as possible. I don’t require any personal information, any information you do give in the restoration will not be sold, given away, or used in any way other than the maintenance of the forum.

Avatars can be a maximum of 65 X 65 pixels.

Feel free to leave any comments or suggestions.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 08:34:07 AM by P-40 Admin » Logged
D Bellis

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 07:42:42 AM »

Cool! Nice forum, Brad.  Smiley

D
P-40 Admin
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 08:35:51 AM »

Cool! Nice forum, Brad.  Smiley

D

Thanks!  Smiley
Mark Joyce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2008, 10:55:00 PM »

Great job on the updates and new forum, Brad!  The hard work is really appreciated.  I'm sorry to hear about your health issues and surgery, but hopefully you are doing much better.

Regards,

Mark

Ignorance is bliss
P-40 Admin
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2008, 05:01:51 AM »

Thank you and you’re welcome!  I have a bunch more stuff to put up including a whole bunch of factory drawings.

Health isn’t getting a whole lot better, but at least it looks like it’s stabilized which is good.
Doc

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2008, 06:10:16 PM »

Brad,
Just registered for your forum.  I've got my F model on your site. glad to see that there are people that still appreciate that honey of an aircraft and the men who flew them.
Big Doc Smith.
P-40 Admin
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2008, 04:10:04 AM »

Welcome aboard!  Smiley  When I was first going to start this site in 2002, I put the word out for information, I wasn’t expecting very much and thought it would just trickle in over a long period, I was pretty shocked when I was swamped with information but I am very happy to get it and I am constantly amazed by the traffic the site gets.  The release of several new models has helped, I just hope they release some in 1/32 some time. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: