P-40 Warhawk Forums
March 28, 2024, 06:04:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: brazilian P-40s  (Read 9197 times)
sys

View Profile Email
« on: January 03, 2011, 02:17:20 PM »

Hi!
First of all: Happy New Year! Wink
Second: Have you got any information about colours of brazilian P-40s? Mainly I'm interested in cockpit and wheel well inside colours. Thank you for your replies.
P-40 Admin
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 04:50:49 AM »

Good question!  One would assume that those areas would have just been left factory standard?
sys

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 01:47:36 AM »

Hi!
I found a photo. I think the lower fuselage and underside of wings are coloured (grey?). Is that right? I think it's interesting on a metal finish airplane. And I'm sure there was a coloured wingtip.
Have you got any information about these?

Thank you  for your replies.
Sorry! I couldn't send the photo, I send a link.
http://www.ww2incolor.com/brazil/Brazilian+Air+Force+used+the+P-40N+in+metal+finnish+after+the+WWII.html
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 02:21:05 AM by sys » Logged
xray4277

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2019, 06:02:44 AM »

There is some info about the Brazilian P-40s HERE:

http://www.rudnei.cunha.nom.br/FAB/en/p-40.html

I'm planning on building a 1/48 scale P-40M soon and it will be finished in bare metal, using decals from FCM.

The two most important things to remember about flying...(1) number of landings should equal number of take-offs, and (2) if you run out of airspeed, altitude & ideas all at the same time, you've crashed...
xray4277

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2019, 06:16:38 AM »

Hi!
I found a photo. I think the lower fuselage and underside of wings are coloured (grey?). Is that right? I think it's interesting on a metal finish airplane. And I'm sure there was a coloured wingtip.
Have you got any information about these?

Thank you  for your replies.
Sorry! I couldn't send the photo, I send a link.
http://www.ww2incolor.com/brazil/Brazilian+Air+Force+used+the+P-40N+in+metal+finnish+after+the+WWII.html

I think this aircraft is in unpainted metal - the areas which appear grey are probably just down to the image quality. The rudder will have green and yellow vertical stripes on it but the b&W film used probably did not differentiate well between the two colours.

See my other post in this topic for a link to more information. Oh, and judging from the fact that the aircraft is on its nose while still on the ramp, I'd guess that someone ran the engine up to too high a manifold pressure when they were testing the magnetos...OOPS!  Shocked
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 06:20:52 AM by xray4277 » Logged

The two most important things to remember about flying...(1) number of landings should equal number of take-offs, and (2) if you run out of airspeed, altitude & ideas all at the same time, you've crashed...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: