P-40 Warhawk Forums
March 29, 2024, 02:32:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Family P-40 story request  (Read 4997 times)
P-40 Admin
Administrator

View Profile Email
« on: March 10, 2015, 07:58:10 AM »

I received the following email from Kristen Akers who works for a show called Strange Inheritance, and they are interested in doing a show following a family that has owned a P-40. If any of you know of anyone that might have a good story, or could help find someone who would know, please send them this link. I received Kristen's permission to post or email and also forward it. They are very interested in doing a show on the P-40 for their second season.

Greetings. My name is Kristen Akers, I'm a booking producer on the Fox Business Network series, 'Strange Inheritance.' For clips and more please visit: http://www.strangeinheritance.com/

Essentially, each episode tells the story of a unique or precious item, the backstory of the person who owned it and we then follow the journey of inheritors as they decide whether to keep or sell their inheritance.

We're eager to do a airplane story this year and have tried working both the Merle Maine collection and George A. Maude RCAF P-40, now owned by his sons...but neither have worked out.

I wonder if you are aware of other inherited Warhawks in the US or Canada? I would love to speak with those inheritors to see if their story would be a fit for our series.

I appreciate your consideration and look forward to hearing from you soon. I can be reached via reply email or on my direct line: 630-515-8157.

Best,
Kristen
kakers1973@gmail.com
Vince_M

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 01:39:45 AM »

George Maude's P-40E in Canada comes to mind.
It's the polished metal one that is still in stock condition!
P-40 Admin
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2015, 08:27:55 AM »

Third to last paragraph, unfortunately that didn't work out.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: