P-40 Warhawk Forums
April 16, 2024, 08:58:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 1/18 scale P-40 E  (Read 14679 times)
pickelhaube

View Profile Email
« on: July 03, 2008, 12:00:14 PM »

Hey guys here is a project I am working on in 1/18 scale.

I will also be doing a P-40 N
What do you guys think ?
P-40 Admin
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2008, 08:48:17 AM »

Looking pretty good so far, I never would have thought of trying that!  I would have to pull my drawings out, but I believe the rear of the fuselage is shaped a little differently between the early variants and the later variants.  I will look for some of my drawings and then I will lay one over the other and then post them here so you can see any differences, I hope that will help.  What did you use to build the nose up?
pickelhaube

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2008, 09:36:48 AM »

Looking pretty good so far, I never would have thought of trying that!  I would have to pull my drawings out, but I believe the rear of the fuselage is shaped a little differently between the early variants and the later variants.  I will look for some of my drawings and then I will lay one over the other and then post them here so you can see any differences, I hope that will help.  What did you use to build the nose up?

Thanks any help would be great. I sliced and diced the front nose and filled in and shaped with bondo. It is easy to use ,sands well , sets up quick and is cheap. It is a little smelly.
Mark Joyce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2008, 10:20:05 PM »

Looks great!  I also believe the rear fuselage of the "E" is shaped different than the "B/C" but could be mistaken on this.  Nonetheless that's going to be one impressive build when done.  Have you decided on the markings yet?

Keep us posted on your progress!

Regards,

Mark

Ignorance is bliss
pickelhaube

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 11:13:21 AM »

Thanks Mark. The fuse is a little different . But the main thing that I changed was the rudder.
The first paint will be the Aluetain Tiger.
After this one is done I will do an N version . That paint will be the Flying Skulls and the Red Parrots !!
P-40 Admin
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2008, 10:41:55 AM »

Here are drawings of a B in red and the E in gray. Not exact, but gives you an idea of the differences.
P-40 Admin
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2008, 10:43:02 AM »

Here are drawings of a B in red and the N in gray. Not exact, but gives you an idea of the differences.
P-40 Admin
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2008, 09:45:08 AM »

The Aleutian Tigers are one of my favorite markings also.  Here's some computer artwork I am working on of one, still have a ways to go.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: