P-40 Warhawk Forums
March 29, 2024, 08:24:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anoka County Airport Fly-In 2013  (Read 6524 times)
P-40 Admin
Administrator

View Profile Email
« on: June 11, 2013, 12:44:12 PM »

Here is the fly in that Lou and I went to the other weekend.  It's five pages long, a link at the bottom of each page will take you forward.

http://www.p40warhawk.com/My_Stuff/Anoka_2013/Anoka_2013_1.htm
Jim

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 04:42:07 AM »

I really enjoyed the photo's, it looks like you had a wonderful day.

The Sea fury and the Ryan certainly stand out for me.

Thank you posting, excellent camera work.
Mark Joyce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 09:29:48 AM »

Thanks for sharing the photos, Brad.  I too like the Sea Fury, and the B-25 is also a beautiful aircraft.  That's one impressive museum up there.

So, did Wayne Johnson share any insight or experiences of flying the P-40 with you?   I'm unfamiliar with his book; is this it by chance?

http://www.amazon.com/Whitey-Farm-Flying-Tiger-Attorney/dp/1936183897/ref=sr_1_5?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1371086786&sr=1-5

Mark

Ignorance is bliss
Vince_M

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 12:05:35 AM »

Nice photos and thanks for sharing them with us!
P-40 Admin
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2013, 08:44:11 AM »

Thanks guys! Smiley

That really is a nice museum and there were some other planes that I didn't get pictures of this time, the vast majority of them are beautifully restored and I believe a lot of them also fly.

Yes, that is his book.  I didn't know that any were available on Amazon yet, looks like only three.  It's probably not the most polished book, each chapter is pretty short, but it's like listening to him telling his stories.  Didn't have much time to talk to him as some other people were lining up for the book and it was loud in the tent.  I didn't realize at the time that he was and Andrew up in southwestern Minnesota, I was born and raised in central southern Minnesota.  He starts out talking about his ancestors in Norway and why they came here and the ups and downs of farming and living during the depression, reading those stories, you wonder if kids could handle it today?  He then talks about basic training and the different levels of pilot training, each chapter is pretty short and sometimes one area might have a few chapters, but I've learned more about what it was like in those areas of training than most of the other books I read.  Where I am now in the book, it sounds like he's just finishing up training. 

I attached his business card if anybody wants to get in touch with him as it sounded like that's how they sell a lot of the books.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: