P-40 Warhawk Forums
March 29, 2024, 10:34:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: P-40's with pinup pictures  (Read 5803 times)
pat-f

View Profile Email
« on: October 28, 2016, 12:34:58 AM »

Hi,
I am getting ready to start the Top Flite P-40 kit, and I want to decorate it differently from the box art, or the same 3 or 4 paint schemes that I see everywhere.  I thought I saw a picture of one on line several years ago that was the solid green, with yhe shark's mouth and a pinup. Did this combination ever happened or am I remembering something incorrectly?  I have tried searching several times since then but always come up empty handed.
pat-f

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2016, 01:15:31 AM »

The one that I thought I saw had a picture of a girl lifting her dress and said "it's showtime". I saw it on a dicast kit once while searching for P-40 stuff on ebay.  I am starting to think now that it might have been fake.
Mark Joyce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2016, 10:26:35 AM »

As with most every other WWII airplane, many P-40s during the war carried pin-up artwork. However, I don't recall any with the words "it's showtime."  Not knowing the kit you are referring to, it might be possible that it's not duplicating an actual warbird.

IIRC, some years ago I saw a remote control P-40 with the markings of Ray Melikian's P-40K from the 49th FG. His had a couple of Vargas girls with the words "Swing It."  DK Decals has decals in 72nd scale, and I have the Sword kit I'll be using them on.  Perhaps something else for your consideration....

Ignorance is bliss
pat-f

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2016, 03:27:00 AM »

Hi thanks for the reply.  I tried googling the plane and the decals but couldn't find anything. Do you have any pictures?
Mark Joyce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2016, 01:14:42 AM »

Hi thanks for the reply.  I tried googling the plane and the decals but couldn't find anything. Do you have any pictures?

Unfortunately it's been years since I've seen photographs of the R/C P-40 with the markings, and I also tried googling with no luck.  I know there are a few photos of the actual P-40K lurking around.  I've again had no luck finding them but if I do will let you know.

In the meantime, here's a link to the DK decals.  "Swing It" is at the bottom:
http://www.dkdecals.cz/navod_PF1.jpg

Ignorance is bliss
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: