P-40 Warhawk Forums
March 29, 2024, 06:50:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
  Print  
Author Topic: 1:48 Mauve P-40N "Lope's Hope"  (Read 56355 times)
P-40 Admin
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #105 on: June 30, 2019, 05:10:05 PM »

Does the floor of the True Details cockpit fit these kits or does it need to be modified some?

I've not tried the True Details cockpit in the AMtech kit myself, but Tom Cleaver has.  Apparently the floor needs a bit of trimming.  Here's a link to his article about the build over on Modeling Madness:

http://www.modelingmadness.com/review/allies/us/cleaverp40e.htm

Thanks  Smiley
Vince_M

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 01, 2019, 10:38:23 AM »

I'd love to see both those birds complete!  I do remember the mid-90s we had the AMT and the Mauve and life was grand for P-40 fans that liked to model.
I did a model of the AMT as a P-40F for Charles Dills and posted an article out here.  That kit took me a long time too but at least I got it to Charles before he passed away.
The AMT is a nice kit and builds up nicely, IMHO.
Jim

View Profile Email
« Reply #107 on: July 11, 2019, 08:14:42 AM »

Vince,
that is a work of art, absolutely superb, well done sir, I admire your skills and your patience too.

That would grace any collection, museum quality sir. 
P-40 Admin
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #108 on: July 12, 2019, 06:11:20 AM »

I'd love to see both those birds complete!  I do remember the mid-90s we had the AMT and the Mauve and life was grand for P-40 fans that liked to model.
I did a model of the AMT as a P-40F for Charles Dills and posted an article out here.  That kit took me a long time too but at least I got it to Charles before he passed away.
The AMT is a nice kit and builds up nicely, IMHO.

So would I!  Smiley  It will be a while, barely gotten anything done on anything for the last couple of months.

I'll have to look that model up again, I remember being in contact with him years ago for the article he submitted, didn't realize he passed away, sad news.
Vince_M

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 12, 2019, 11:47:13 AM »

Vince,
that is a work of art, absolutely superb, well done sir, I admire your skills and your patience too.

That would grace any collection, museum quality sir. 

Thank you, Jim!
Vince_M

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 08, 2019, 08:53:26 PM »

I'm taking "Lope's Hope" to the IPMS Nationals tomorrow morning.
Wish me luck!!!
Mark Joyce

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 11, 2019, 08:16:32 AM »

I'm taking "Lope's Hope" to the IPMS Nationals tomorrow morning.
Wish me luck!!!

Good luck Vince!  I've seen some photos of the models there, although none of yours yet, and you have some stiff competition. But being the NATS that's to be expected. 

Ignorance is bliss
Vince_M

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 12, 2019, 01:33:56 PM »

Well, I got Lope's Hope on the table but, as you said, the competition was fierce.
I didn't win anything.
I think I need to put my planes on some kind of base.  Judge's like that for the ability to pick them up using the base.
All about presentation!

I felt the lighting in those ballrooms prevented all of my weathering from being seen.
It is never very good lighting in those rooms.
Mark Joyce

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 12, 2019, 09:50:25 PM »

Sorry to hear you didn't win at the NATS, Vince, but it's still a winner in my book!  I did notice from the photographs that many of the models were on bases.  That seems to be more and more common.

I've not entered a contest in years, but remember one venue in particular having horrible lighting.  You could barely see your way around the room let alone any details on the models.

Judging is a thankless and difficult task, when done correctly.  I've not judged myself but a friend has.  He mainly models aircraft but on one occasion at least he was asked to model another category (I forget which).  It was felt that he would concentrate on what actually needed to be judged on and not show any bias or favoritism (like I probably would on your P-40!).

Ignorance is bliss
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
  Print  

Jump to: