P-40 Warhawk Forums
March 28, 2024, 07:53:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: AMtech 1/48th P-40K/Kittyhawk Mk III, 450 Sqn RAAF  (Read 7073 times)
Mark Joyce

View Profile
« on: May 17, 2017, 08:21:57 AM »

Just finished it.  This is the AMtech boxing with the resin tail and kit decals, along with True Detail wheels, Ultracast seat, and Yahu instrument panel, the latter actually designed for the Hasegawa P-40E kit but still worked quite well. 

The P-40 was the stalwart war steed of 450 Sqn RAAF, the "Desert Harassers," from the Kittyhawk's introduction to combat in North Africa to the end of the war in Europe.  I believe OK-T flew out of Libya some time in 1943.

TIA for looking!

Ignorance is bliss
Vince_M

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 10:37:23 AM »

Really nice!
Thank you for sharing
P-40 Admin
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2017, 06:09:48 PM »

Very nice! I like the weathering  Wink
Mark Joyce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2017, 08:00:11 AM »

Thanks, gentlemen!  It was one of those builds that I had a certain amount of work I wanted to put into it, but no more.

Ignorance is bliss
Jim

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2017, 05:02:49 AM »

Outstanding work, its a beauty no doubt about it.

Clive7052

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2020, 07:29:46 PM »

Outstanding skills Mark, I'm looking at doing a Hagesawa 1/32 P-40E kit and complete it in my Great Uncles a/c FR322 from 250 Sudan Squadron, which was a MkIII. Any advice on which paints and colours you used would be awesome. Thanks Clive
Mark Joyce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2020, 11:41:42 PM »

Outstanding skills Mark, I'm looking at doing a Hagesawa 1/32 P-40E kit and complete it in my Great Uncles a/c FR322 from 250 Sudan Squadron, which was a MkIII. Any advice on which paints and colours you used would be awesome. Thanks Clive
Thanks for the complement, Clive.  Unfortunately, I don't recall the specific paint brand I used but it was likely Model Master enamel Azure Blue, Middlestone, and Dark Earth, the latter faded quite a bit.  I've also used Humbrol and Colourcoats, both also enamels, so those are possibilities too.  With a few exceptions I'm pretty bad at documenting what I do on each build, and my memory tends to fade over time.

I just recently tried AK Real Colors WW2 RAF Desert colors for those same shades and really like how they airbrush.  They are quite thin out of the bottle so not very good for brush painting.

I hope you'll be kind enough to post some photos of your build here, and I'd enjoy seeing any photos of your great uncle and his plane too if you have any!

Ignorance is bliss
Clive7052

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2020, 04:51:59 PM »

Hi Mark, I'm not sure my modelling skills are good enough! Thanks for the advice.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: