P-40 Warhawk Forums
September 26, 2018, 08:26:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 316th FS/324th FG P-40F started  (Read 38 times)
Mark Joyce

View Profile
« on: September 02, 2018, 11:11:41 PM »

I decided it was time I started work on a P-40 from the 316th Fighter Squadron, since I've already done one each from the other two squadrons of the 324th Fighter Group, so I broke out an AMtech kit with the resin nose.  I also had a Cutting Edge P-40F/L cockpit laying around, which was specifically made for this kit.  Too bad Meteor/Cutting Edge is no longer in business (although it's my understanding that its owner, David Klaus, now operates The Fine Art of Decals website) since this replacement resin cockpit is nicely detailed and fits wonderfully.  Unfortunately, I've had this cockpit for some time and at one point long ago, I apparently damaged the seat while removing it from the resin stub, so I've replaced the replacement with an Ultracast one.  Here it is, about ready to go all together (although the seat is sitting a little cockeyed in the tub, since I just temporarily sat it there for the photograph), with the front of the fuselage halves removed for ultimate placement of the resin nose:

Ignorance is bliss
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: