P-40 Warhawk Forums
April 20, 2024, 02:07:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Revell P-40E  (Read 10194 times)
GAJouette

View Profile Email
« on: August 19, 2008, 07:57:59 PM »

This is a restored/rebuild of a  38 year old kit.

The original cockpit was replaced with Jerry Rutman's excellent P-40E Detail Set

That's all folks,thanks for looking
Regards,
Gregory Jouette

P-40 Admin
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 10:17:44 AM »

That's a great looking model in one of my favorite schemes.  The old Revell can sure be built into a nice model, just takes more work than the new Hasegawa one.  The rivets need to go on the Revell which doesn't take much work and I think the surface is more realistic as it kind of shows the lapped panels of the real one.
GAJouette

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 10:56:10 AM »

Brad,
Thanks for the kind words.I agree with the lapped panels,Revell did a good job on that detail.I would have liked to have saved them but with all those gluey fingerprints covering most of the kit there was just no way possible.I guess at 12 years old I was more interested in just building rather than a quality build.I haven't gotten a hold of the Hasegawa P-40 as of yet,I still have several more Revell P-40's in the stash along with Rutman's detail sets for each.So I may not bother with Hasegawa's P-40E but will wait and see what later versions they market.I'm hoping for a F (Long tail) and a M.
Regards,
Gregory Jouette
Mark Joyce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2008, 11:18:08 PM »

Nice job on the restoration, Gregory!  The weathering looks superb.  I also have one of these kits in my stash  with the Rutman set, and am waiting to see what the aftermarket decal makers come out with now that the Hasegawa kit is out.

Speaking of Hasegawa, I too would love to see them do a long-tailed F, but I'm not holding my breath.

Regards,

Mark
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 10:14:17 PM by Mark Joyce » Logged

Ignorance is bliss
Texas

The Old Guy

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2009, 10:57:30 AM »

Really nice looking model and I really like your choice of markings.

Texas
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: