P-40 Warhawk Forums
March 29, 2024, 07:08:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Last living AVG Flying Tiger passes away  (Read 2308 times)
P-40 Admin
Administrator

View Profile Email
« on: February 12, 2020, 06:20:02 PM »

https://www.knoe.com/content/news/Last-living-AVG-Flying-Tiger-passes-away-567668031.html?fbclid=IwAR20PyWTum9UIOtF6gb3Z4xKbkLFNpkYhSd1SRk8wFYdBpngxI8Ojp5QJOo
Mark Joyce

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2020, 02:28:53 AM »

This is very sad news.  The end of an era and another of 'The Greatest Generation' has left us.  For those who haven't read it, his book "Flying Tiger: A Crew Chief's Story" is great. 

I grew up fascinated with the exploits of the AVG, hence my fondness for the P-40, and have met or corresponded with several of its members over the years.  I have a hard time accepting the fact that all of them are now gone.

RIP, Mr. Losonsky, and thanks for your service.

Ignorance is bliss
Vince_M

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2020, 05:33:04 AM »

Inevitable but still sad to see them go.
I also was inspired by the Flying Tigers and love P-40s to this day!

The world will never see their like again and we must make sure future generations do not forget...
P-40 Admin
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2020, 07:44:06 AM »

We are losing the WWII vets at an astounding rate, even the Vietnam vets are really getting up there in age.

Beside seeing the John Wayne movie, the first time I remember reading about the Flying Tigers was in Boyington's book, I was captivated and got a lot of books and magazines on them over the years. That also cemented my love for the P-40.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: