P-40 Warhawk Forums
March 29, 2024, 03:07:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Rocket-equipped P-40s  (Read 6613 times)
Mark Joyce

View Profile
« on: September 14, 2008, 09:55:20 PM »

I'm hoping to build a 48th scale P-40N equipped with the under wing rocket system, which is similar to the bazooka tubes.  I have the tubes already, having appropriated them from an Academy P-47 kit.  Does anyone have or know of a good close-up photograph of the attachment points for the rockets to the wings?  I have some photos of P-40s with the system, but they aren't really clear enough to determine how to mount them.  I don't know if the mounting system for P-40s is the same as that for P-47s (or P-51s, for that matter), and I don't know how accurate that Academy instructions are for the the P-47.

TIA,

Mark

Ignorance is bliss
Johnny Signor

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2009, 11:08:46 AM »

I don't know if you've come across this site but I think it would be useful in your search,
ArmyAirForces.com

They have a very large group of knowledgeable people,try a posting there, also you might want to try one of the Air Commando units for this set up, try googling one of these 2nd,3rd,or 4th ACG.

Good luck!
WeBeEmblems@aol.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: