P-40 Warhawk Forums
March 29, 2024, 12:23:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 11th Pursuit/Fighter Sqd "Mosquito" emblem(early)343rdFG  (Read 9620 times)
Johnny Signor

View Profile Email
« on: January 26, 2011, 03:26:12 PM »

Hello, I'm seriously looking for a good clear photo of the early 11th Fighter Squadron unit emblem, design I seek is on a round background and depicts a Mosquito in flight downward towards the left over several snowcapped mountains .

I am an aivd collector of WW-2 USAAF/USN/USMC flying unit emblem designs in photo/scan/jpg forms and want to find this emblem and it's proper colors to include into my files , I also wish to recreate this emblem if found and details are usable into a leather unit patch , I would greatly appreciate any help on this design.

They were with the 343rd Composite/Fighter Group in the Aleutians/Alaskan area and flew P-40's , I have seen a small blurry black and white photo of this design on the nose cowling of one of thier P-40's , but the design is too small and fuzzy to clearly use as a refference.

I really hope someone will recognise this emblem and get with me about it , thank you !
Hope to hear from someone , thanks !!!!!!!!!
Johnny
WeBeEmblems@aol.com
 Smiley
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 12:24:13 PM by Johnny Signor » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: