P-40 Warhawk Forums
March 29, 2024, 05:01:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Numbers of P-40's used by the various air forces during WWII  (Read 9728 times)
Glenn

View Profile Email
« on: February 01, 2010, 05:59:43 PM »

Hi,

I am compiling a book for publication by Mushroom Media on the P-40 series. I need a breakdown of which air-forces used which models and what quantity of each. Much of the material I have found is inconsistent and/or incomplete. Can anyone point me at a good/the definitive source for this type of information.

Cheers
Mark Joyce

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 11:08:26 PM »

Here's one place to start:

http://home.att.net/~jbaugher1/p40.html

It's probably not as definitive as you need, but it lists several sources that might have more exact information.

HTH,

Mark

Ignorance is bliss
P-40 Admin
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 01:53:02 PM »

I have a book that has a nice breakdown at the back of the different groups and the different countries, I can't remember if it says exactly which variants each group or country used.  I will look for the book and if I can find it, I will give you the title and author.  I still have a lot of stuff boxed up from when I moved.
P-40 Admin
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 01:54:00 PM »

Forgot, good luck on the book! Please let us know when it is published.  Smiley
Glenn

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2010, 08:41:47 AM »

Hi Mark,

thanks for the suggestion. I have seen the site created by J Baugher and it has been useful.

Hi P-40 Administrator,

when you get a chance the title and author would be fantastic of the book with the breakdown. If it's not too much trouble could you scan the page with the breakdown and email it to me also, that would be fantastic.

Cheers
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: